Palliative and End of Life Care for Neonates M36CPDCoventry University
£ 472 - (530 €)
- Vocational qualification
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
This module aims to provide practitioners with the opportunity to understand and evaluate the services available for the appropriate delivery of complex and end of life care to neonates and their families. The module will focus on the holistic and the end of life care for the neonate. Thus those working in such settings will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills within the field.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- This module will give practitioners the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and skills within the field of complex and end of life care provision, which can contribute to the expansion of their career prospects;
- the module has been designed by a team of professionals to ensure that content reflects current issues in relation to palliative and complex care for CYP and their families;
- the module will be delivered entirely online, which will allow for flexible student engagement.
- The cultural, spiritual, physical and philosophical beliefs associated with complex and end of life care for the neonate and their family.
- How to discuss clinical care interventions and holistic neonatal complex and end of life care practices.
- Strategies for the appropriate delivery of integrated inter-professional care to meet the needs of a neonate and their family.
- The process of grief, the associated ceremonies and their impact upon the family
- The legal and ethical requirements, clinical protocols and all related documentation within the transitions between complex care, end of life care and care following the death of a neonate.
This module will be delivered entirely online using the web platform Moodle. The methods of delivery will include online tutorials, live lectures and video web streaming.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Coursework 1: 2000 word design of a strategy for complex or end of life care for neonates (50% of module mark).
Coursework 2: 2000 word critical appraisal (50% of module mark).TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
Guided student activity – 20 hours
Self-guided student activity – 180 hours
Total activity – 200 hours"