The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Health - Part 1: The Big Picture - Boston UniversityedX
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Whether you’re considering a global health learning experience such as a clinical rotation, a research project, or volunteer work, or are preparing to work abroad, this is the course for you! This is the first of three courses designed by a team of global health experts to help you prepare for successful global health learning experiences and projects. It provides guidance for undergraduate and graduate students, medical trainees, and volunteers. In this course, you will learn how to determine what type of global health learning experience is right for you and how to logistically set one up. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in interactive planning scenarios. No previous global health or healthcare experience is required.
What you'll learn
What you'll learn
- Identify and prioritize your purpose and motivation for undertaking a global health learning experience.
- Identify and describe different types of global health rotations and projects and determine which ones provide the best fit for you.
- Analyze factors including timing, duration, and location to plan your global health learning experience.
- Identify and make plans to address logistical issues including personal, health, and security concerns.
- Identify and describe funding and budgeting options for your global health learning experience.
Gabrielle A. Jacquet MD, MPH Dr. Jacquet is an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine and an Attending Physician in the Emergency Department at Boston Medical Center. She received her MD from the University of Vermont and her MPH from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Dr. Jacquet completed residency training in Emergency Medicine at Denver Health and a fellowship in International Emergency Medicine and Public Health at Johns Hopkins. She focuses her work on medical education and strengthening emergency care in resource-limited settings. She has taught Emergency Medicine, assisted in developing systems, or conducted research in India, Ghana, Sudan, Rwanda, South Africa, Haiti, and Colombia. Dr. Jacquet is the Director of Global Health for the BMC Emergency Medicine Residency Program, the Assistant Director of...