Presentation SkillsCity University London
Preis auf Anfrage
- Short course
- Islington (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Over the duration of the Presentation Skills course, you will learn to develop an effective preparation process, including:
- Clarifying your objectives - what do you want your audience to feel, think and do?
- Structuring a clear, concise and persuasive message;
- Exploring creative approaches which make an impact;
- Adapting rhetorical devices to make your message stick;
- Handling nerves and eliminating tension, using techniques from psychology and the theatre;
- Harnessing voice and body language to engage your audience;
- Playing with status to build rapport and credibility;
- Performing prepared and impromptu speeches.
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions, as guided by your tutorTopics Covered: Week 1 Introductions & Objectives
Who are you and what do you want from the course? Presentation course overview and outline of some fundamental principles of public speaking and presentation. Week 2 How to prepare your message for presentation
Preparing content and the range of structures; the uses of storytelling; tailoring your presentation for the audience, using visual and other presentation aids. Week 3 How to prepare yourself for a presentation - Part1 *
Body language & presence; physical warm up, relaxation techniques, and confidence-building techniques; credibility, status and rapport using non-verbal behaviour. Week 4 How to prepare yourself for a presentation - Part2 *
Warming up the voice, and building vocal power and tone to engage your audience. Week 5 Using rhetoric
An introduction to rhetorical skills and use of imagery. How language can make your message stick. Week 6 Connecting it up
Famous speeches, soliloquies or poetry. Applying voice, physical presence and gesture to a prepared text. Week 7 Your presentations
Feedback and coaching on your own presentations. Week 8 Your presentations
Feedback and coaching on your own presentations.
* Please wear comfortable clothes you can move freely in as these weeks will contain gentle physical exercises. I suggest trousers for women.