REAL communicationCity University London
Preis auf Anfrage
- Short course
- Islington (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
The course helps learners understand and work with the four elements of REAL communication:
A series of interactive exercises, games, reflection and discussion, explore the four aspects of REAL communication. Staff practice a range of flexible techniques that enhance their dementia communication awareness and improve their reminiscence, empathic engagement, active listening and life story gathering skills that can improve their ability to.
- Initiate and sustain meaningful conversations with older people living with dementia.
- Practise greater empathic engagement and active listening skills
- Capitalise on people’s long-term memories to provide more appropriate and relevant care
- Use resources to prompt and promote conversations
- Understand how behaviours may speak louder than words and can affect the person with dementia negatively, prompting behaviours that challenge