Research Languages (French, German, Spanish) and Translation Studies (by distance learning)Aston University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Birmingham (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
The programme is designed to meet the needs of individual students. You will be given an individually-tailored learning pathway, in consultation with the Programme Director and supervisor, based on previous experience and qualifications. During the first two years (of the part-time programme), all students will complete core Research Methods training.
You will be communicating with your supervisor using up-to-date virtual learning environment (VLE) software
All students will submit a qualifying report before the end of their second year. Students who successfully complete the qualifying report will complete a 60,000 word thesis.
The thesis is the culmination of doctoral level study and is a substantial piece of work which constitutes an original contribution to your chosen field. The thesis can be in any area of French, German, Spanish or Translation Studies which is compatible with the research interests of academic members of staff in the School. The thesis should normally be around 60,000 words long and written in English. (It may be possible to submit a thesis in the target language subject to special approval.)
- Possess a Masters degree from a UK university or hold an equivalent qualification. An overall merit or equivalent, with merit in the dissertation is normally required.
- Have the required skills and experience
- Submit a research proposal outline (typically 1 to 3 pages) on a relevant subject (see 'How To Apply').
Non-native speakers of English are normally required to satisfy the following minimum English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum 6.5 in writing and reading and minimum 6.0 in speaking and listening)
- TOEFL iBT: 93 (minimum 26 in writing, 22 in speaking, 19 in listening, 18 in reading)
- Pearson Academic: 63 (minimum 63 in writing and speaking, and 57 in reading and listening)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Grade B
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Grade A