RPG IV Programming Fundamentals Workshop for IBM iIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 3 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should be able to:
- Use a Windows-based PC
- Run PC applications using menus, icons, toolbars, and so forth
- Write a simple program in another high-level language (for example, CL, COBOL, BASIC, or RPG II)
- Use basic IBM i tools, including:
- CL commands
- Online Help
- WRKSPLF and related commands to manage output
- WRKJOB, DSPMSG, DSPJOB commands and so forth to perform basic problem determination
- Use and display IBM i print queues
- Use the RSE/LPEX Editor to create and maintain DDS
- Create and maintain physical and logical files
You must have attended these courses:
- Introduction to IBM i for New Users (OE98G)
- System i Application Programming Facilities Workshop (OL49G)
Course RPG IV Programming Fundamentals Workshop for IBM i (AS06G) teaches the basics of the IBM i RPG IV programming language. It is the first of two courses that should be attended in sequence.
This course is a comprehensive exposure to the basic features and functions of RPG IV for Version 7. It does not introduce either information processing or programming in general. Students who are new to programming should attend other courses that are offered by local technical colleges or self-study methods.
This course is designed to enable a trained programmer to develop and maintain simple RPG IV programs written using the latest features and techniques available in the Version 7 compiler.
The next course in the series is RPG IV Programming Advanced Workshop for IBM i (AS10G).
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Application Developer (DB2, WDSc, RPG, CL, SQL) RPG Path
- Application Developer using RPG IV
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Write RPG IV version 7.1 programs to produce reports
- Write simple RPG IV version 7.1 inquiry programs that interact with displays
- Review compilation listing, find and correct compilation errors
- Maintain existing applications written in the RPG IV Version 7.1 language
- Use many popular RPG IV built-in functions