SMP/E for z/OS WorkshopIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Use basic JCL statements
- Describe the use of the following z/OS utility programs: assembler, linkage editor, IEBCOPY, IEBUPDTE, and AMASPZAP
- Identify the access method services commands and parameters used in creating a VSAM KSDS
- Use ISPF/PDF panels
This knowledge and these skills can be acquired on the job or by completing one or more of the following education offerings:...
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Please refer to course overview for description information.
This course is designed to provide the SMP/E skills needed in the installation and maintenance of optional features and maintenance in the z/OS operating environment. You are taught to define the SMP/E database and invoke SMP/E to add, modify, or replace system elements. The course includes extensive hands-on labs using a current level of SMP/E.
You will get practical experience in the SMP/E tasks involved in installing a z/OS product. Emphasis is on interpreting results of SMP/E processing. SMP/E concepts examined in this course include modification control statements, the consolidated software inventory, zone structure, and error analysis. SMP/E commands such as RECEIVE, APPLY, ACCEPT, RESTORE, REPORT, and LIST are discussed.
You will also learn how to perform automated SMP/E delivery of z/OS and product maintenance over the Internet with an automated SMP/E process that downloads and installs IBM preventive and corrective service over the Internet.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- z/OS Installation, Tuning, JES, and REXX Programming and Problem Diagnosis
- Describe how SMP/E is used as a tool for system maintenance
- Interpret modification control statements in a sample SYSMOD
- Create a consolidated software inventory database to support installation and maintenance requirements
- Use the SMP/E dialogs to install a product and its related service
- Manage exception SYSMOD data
- Describe the use of the primary and secondary data sets required by SMP/E
- Analyze output from SMP/E processing and resolve commonly encountered problems
- Describe the use of the REPORT command to determine software dependencies between zones
- Use the BUILDMCS process to create a function SYSMOD from an installed product and its service
- Use the new SMP/E functions to install software service automatically over the internet
- Implement support for communication server FTP client
- Use the new RECEIVE ORDER command to order and install z/OS maintenance automatically over the Internet