Social and Health Care Leadership and Management MScCoventry University
£ 4.635 - (5.498 €)
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Health and Social Care
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
Health and social care national and international sectors have become increasing complex and the need for dynamic and effective leaders and managers who can design, lead and implement agreed outcomes is a growing priority. The course explores both models and theory, providing you with the confidence and critical thinking to use leadership and management ideas to shape future care services, lead service redesign, evidence based practice and the development of new service delivery models that ensure safe, efficient and effective services.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Our course will also equip you with the expertise you need to lead and work within leadership and management positions in the expanding health and social care sectors and to take advantage of the wealth of exciting opportunities for postgraduate careers. If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- Developing your skills to lead service redesign, guide evidence based practice and develop new service delivery models that ensure safe efficient and effective services;
- learning in an inter-disciplinary environment, using technology, international perspectives and meeting continuing professional development (CPD) requirements;
- developing and consolidating your professional development at all organisational levels in the growing national and international social and health care sector;
- engaging with research active staff involved in local, national and international applied research which informs their teaching and mentoring;
- combining online and on campus study to achieve maximum study flexibility which complements your working and domestic life;
- participating in international events.
The postgraduate certificate is made up of three modules:
- Professional leadership
- Managing the performance of individuals and teams
- Managing change in dynamic environments
At the diploma stage you can select 2 modules from:
- Governance: citizens, communities and consumers;
- Managing practice: complexity and risk;
- Epidemiology, interventions and improvements; and either;
- Assistive technology and the wider perspective; or Advancing practice :professional perspectives;
Additionally you will complete a project related to a work issue.
At the final stage of the masters award you will undertake a module studying research methods and complete a research project.
The course provides excellent opportunities to combine theory, practice and international insights to broader social care, housing and social enterprise.HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Your course is delivered via blended learning using the latest in teaching technologies to support online attendance and limited optional on campus workshop, teaching and tutorial days.
Teaching will be based on a series of lectures, guest talks by relevant international professionals, and associated seminars, workshop practical classes and personal tutorials. You will also be allocated your own personal tutor who will meet you regularly to discuss your progress and guide you on a range of matters.
Each module starts with a full-day workshop on campus. Course materials are delivered on line for the remainder of each module. These include lecture notes, pre-recorded lectures and a range of activities. To undertake the course you will require a broadband connection, internet explorer and office based softwareHOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Assessment for the course is assignment basedTEACHING CONTACT HOURS
In the first week of each module you will have eight contact hours.
The majority of your study will be online, at times and frequency managed by you. Additionally, you may attend campus for tutorials."