Specialist Skills in Neonatal Nursing 333CPDCoventry University
Preis auf Anfrage
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
This module aims to build upon students’ pre-existing knowledge of neonatal nursing, providing them with the opportunity to develop more specialist knowledge and a deeper understanding of neonatal patho-physiology. This module will also examine the ethical and legal issues related to care of the sick neonate.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
• This module provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable specialist skills in Neonatal Nursing, which should greatly assist their further development as professionals within the field of Neonatal Health Care and Nursing.
• Students will be able to experience placements in neonatal intensive care wards and visit other specialist neonatal/paediatric units.
• This module offers the opportunity for students to gather evidence towards the achievement of the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework core and specific dimensions – HWB 1 – 10, 1K 1 – 3 and G1.
Visit our Health Psychology blog.
• Neonatal anatomy, physiology and patho-physiology.
• The theoretical basis of the neonatal nursing practice.
• How to critically evaluate and interpret the evidence underpinning neonatal nursing practice.
• How to reflect critically upon informed decisions about clinical practices, considering accepted protocols and individuals’ needs.
• The innovations and new influences in technology in the provision of neonatal care.
• The specialist skills that are required for neonatal nursing practice.
This module will be delivered through a range of teaching and learning methods, focusing mainly on the needs of students. The exact balance of strategies can be negotiated between the module leader and the student at the commencement of the module.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Coursework 1: Viva based on case scenario (30 minutes) (50% of module mark)
Coursework 2: 1500 word Reflective Essay (50% of module mark)
Coursework 3: Achievement of specialist neonatal nursing skills
Guided student activity – 30 hours
Self-guided student activity – 170 hours
Total activity – 200 hours