Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)Coventry University
£ 9.000 - (10.688 €)
- Bachelor's degree
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
Want to know more about our courses and life at the University? Why not tweet us #AskCU and find out!— Coventry University (@covcampus) February 9, 2015 OVERVIEW
This course runs in 2016/17.
If you have an interest in applying scientific principles to the way the body functions during sport and physical activity, how it adapts to training and you want to know how to undertake exercise effectively, then this could be the course for you.
This is a hands-on course with a range of approaches to teaching including problem-based learning, case studies and laboratory classes.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- a course which is endorsed by the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES);
- a teaching team with links to various sports teams and organisations including Coventry City Football Club (CCFC) and Coerver Coaching, which allows you to put your knowledge into practice;
- links with National Health Service (NHS) clinical services such as cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation and local authority healthy living initiatives, which increases your employment opportunities;
- the opportunity to work with athletes or client groups through work experience modules and/or volunteering to become involved in a wide range of research and consultancy work undertaken by teaching staff and postgraduate students;
- an annual coaching conference with external speakers for third year students to present their work to industry professionals, which begins building your professional network of contacts.
- continuous opportunities for reflective practice in personal and professional development.
Endorsements shall be renewed in accordance with the endorsers standard review process and subject to the University maintaining the same high standards of course delivery.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This is a very varied course that will equip you with the knowledge and skills for a whole host of possible careers.
In the first year you will learn the fundamental subjects of Sport and Exercise Science including: exercise physiology and metabolism, functional anatomy and movement, sport and exercise psychology and the principles behind exercise training and exercise prescription.
In the second year you will study the physiology behind different types of training, biomechanics, acquisition of skill, applications of sport and exercise psychology and how all these factors integrate together towards successful performance, coaching and nutrition.
In the final year you will carry out an independent research project, which forms a very important part of your degree, linked to one of the key topic areas. You will also study key areas of interest in more depth.HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Your course will be based on lectures, with associated laboratory/practical classes, workshop activities and tutorials. In addition, you will be assigned a personal tutor who will review and discuss your progress with you and will be available for advice.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
An estimated percentage breakdown of how your final grade is assessed is as follows: formal examinations 25%; coursework, tests, essays 40%; practical or project work 10%; group work etc.15%; presentations, posters etc.10%.
A compulsory Add+vantage module must also be completed: please see the page on the Add+vantage scheme for more details.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
In a typical week, you may have about 18 contact hours of study, which would break down on average as follows:
Personal tutorial/small group teaching: 2 hours of tutorial (or, later, individual project supervision) each week
Medium group teaching: 6 hours of workshops or labs each week
Large group teaching: 10 hours of lectures each week
Personal study: 18 hours each week studying and revising in your own time"