Strategic Sales and Marketing Management HNC/HND/BA (Hons) DegreeCoventry University
£ 5.846 - (6.820 €)
- Bachelor's degree
- Scarborough (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Skills and Training
Sales and marketing
Sales and marketing is a dynamic and exciting area in which to work. Often considered to be the powerhouse of organisations, sales and marketing is at the heart of every company and is all about bringing the right products and services to clients and generating the income and turnover to sustain organisations and help them grow.
Success in this field demands a wide range of skills and knowledge, as well as the ability to draw on life experiences. This ranges from understanding people to effectively managing teams and developing products. Coventry University College’s sales and marketing courses provide a balance of academic knowledge and the professional practical experience that the marketplace requires. Our courses are carefully designed to help you to become an effective practitioner, armed with real life experience and academic knowledge.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Strategic Sales and Marketing Management HNC
The HNC programme is year one of the Strategic Sales and Marketing Management BA (Hons) Degree. This course focuses strongly on the sales and marketing environment, productivity and e-commerce solutions, covering a broad range of topics, including sales as part of a modern organisation, the wider environmental considerations, market segmentation, the role of e-commerce in sales, professional effectiveness and how to research and analyse information. You should also be able to develop the skills and knowledge that will help prepare you to continue your studies at HND and BA (Hons) Degree levels within Coventry University College should you wish to gain higher level academic qualifications and/or professional qualifications.
Strategic Sales and Marketing Management HND
This course can be applied to directly or as progression from successfully completing the HNC with Coventry University College. This HND programme is year two of a degree course.
This course focuses on a range of approaches to clients and markets, covering direct and interactive approaches and how information technology supports and enables sales and marketing. It also looks at the more individual relationship-based approach to sales and key account management strategy and practice. The course aims to deepen your knowledge of ways to reach clients and markets, and the interrelationships between the various approaches within an overall market or sales strategy.
Strategic Sales and Marketing Management BA (Hons) Degree
This course focuses on the leadership and management of sales and sales strategies, specifically considering the international dimension. You will cover multi-level and multi-product sales forces, including motivating and developing the individual to ensure a high level of performance, and analysis and assessment of the overarching sales strategy design and implementation required by organisations.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Strategic Sales and Marketing Management HNC (year 1)
- Sales and marketing in context
- The sales and marketing environment
- Personal effectiveness for sales people
- Implementing e-commerce solutions
Strategic Sales and Marketing Management HND (year 2)
- Direct and interactive marketing
- IT solutions for selling and sales management
- Relationship selling
- Key account management
Strategic Sales and Marketing Management BA (Hons) Degree (year 3)
- Leading the sales function
- Sales force performance management
- International sales strategy
- Strategic sales management
On successful completion of the programme you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Policies, strategies and processes – within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests. You will be introduced to environmental factors that influence sales and marketing strategies, policies and processes which includes the competitive marketplace, supply chain, technology, legislation, regulation and social factors;
- Tools and techniques – you will learn how to use these to profile and categorise customers within the marketing and sales environment. You will critically evaluate the direct and interactive marketing, including how markets are profiled and categorised to ensure that the most appropriate marketing method is deployed most effectively;
- Sources of market information and analysis and research techniques– you will be introduced to the fundamental tools and techniques to undertake reliable market research activities, including an exploration of the role of an external marketing agency to support this. You will also look at the most readily available sources of market information as well as a consideration of the theories related to assessing the quality of market research information;
- Accounting and other financial information systems – you will critically explore the accounting systems and methods that are used to monitor the marketing team and salesforce performance;
- Strategic leadership and management – you will examine the resources and operations in respect of sales and marketing operations within the international business context. You will also put together a critical analysis of strategic leadership theory related to the context of a marketing and sales function, including issues related to ethics and governance. Also an exploration of methods for workforce management and control, including managerial principles as well as tools and techniques;
- Current trends and issues – you will do a critical exploration of the shift from transaction based to relation based selling and its effect on account management, including the skills and competencies required from salespeople and marketing professionals. You will also put together a critical appraisal of the theories related to the development of an international marketing and sales strategy including the risk factors that need to be considered in the development of a successful strategy; country, currency, cultural and competitor risk;
- Development, management and exploitation of information and communication systems – looking at their impact upon organisations and their marketing and sales management strategies. You will do a critical analysis of software used for sales force management.
This course will be taught through a variety of methods – lectures, tutorials, self-directed learning, textbooks, module webs, scenario-based learning sets, professional libraries and resources, journals and case studies, seminars, discussion forums and peer-to-peer learning.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Assessments will take the form of individual and group coursework, which is vocationally relevant. The wide range of assessment techniques used at Coventry University College will ensure that you have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in full.
There are no traditional final examinations to worry about. Instead, we will assess your learning through course work and phase tests. Assessments take place during and at the end of each six-week block.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
As a full-time student a normal learning block will mean that you get 18 hours of teaching each week in groups of approximately 25-50 students. Depending on the course you have chosen, you will attend morning (9.00-13.00) or afternoon (14.00-18.00) sessions. You will also need to attend one two-hour tutorial each week."