Successful International NegotiationsLucas Consulting Team
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
A practical training for successful negotiations in an international context
Objective of this training
Negotiations with business partners or customers from different cultures present a considerable challenge. This is partly caused by having to communicate in a foreign language, and also by the need to rethink one’s usual negotiation and communication style as a result of the differences in values and attitudes between the negotiating partners. This is why it is important to consider how differences in culture affect the success of negotiations.
In this training, tried and tested tools are introduced and practised to enable participants to improve their success in international negotiations. It aims to improve flexibility in communication styles, sensitivity for reading signals and awareness of the impression you might make.
The following methods are used in this training:
Theory input, individual and group exercises, participants’ cases-studies with video analysis
- Success factors for international negotiations
- Harvard negotiation theory
- Relationship-building in an international context
- Effective preparation
- Analysing the situation
- Preparing my negotiation strategy
- Phases of a negotiation
- Awareness of own communication/negotiation style: strengths and weaknesses
- Sensitivity for subtleties of English language for negotiations
- Dealing with dirty tricks
- Reaching agreements
Kontaktperson: Markus Gerigk