Transparency and Anti-CorruptionUdemy
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This course aims at introducing students to the study of the fight against corruption and for transparency, from a citizen public ethics perspective as well as from a legal standpoint, including the study of the situation in some countries of Latin America.
This course is also available in Spanish, Arabic and Chinese, search for Transparencia y Anti-Corrupción, الشفافية ومكافحة الفساد or 透明和反腐 respectively.
The course comprises six units. In the first one some basic notions are reviewed, emphasizing the idea of citizenship. In the second unit we will study the norms of public ethics and of international law governing the fight against corruption and for transparency. In the third unit corruption will be related to some specific fields, such as its academic study, its presence in some industries and in the political activity.
The fourth unit depicts some international and Chilean organizations created to fight corruption from the State and civil society. The fifth unit deals with the main preventive, control and punitive measures against corruption. Finally, in the sixth unit the situation of some Latin American countries will be reviewed, including Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela.
The course consists of 32 lessons, each one lasting about 10 minutes, besides a quiz at the end of each lesson to reinforce contents. We estimate that completing the course (watching all the classes and answering all the quizzes) takes about 7 hours in total. The course is spoken in Spanish, but has subtitles and transcripts in English and additional material in English. There is no time limit to complete it.
We have experts from all America as visiting professors for some classes.
- There are no requeriments, you only need an Internet conection. The transcripts and extra material files are in PDF format.
- Over 32 lectures and 6.5 hours of content!
- By the end of this course, you should be able to understand basic notions of public ethics and the law, as applied to the novel field of transparency and the fight against corruption. In particular, students are expected to acquire the theoretical tools necessary for demanding better transparency records from their governments.
- By the end of the course the students will become familiar with some basic notions of public ethics, they will know the ethically reprehensible and legally punishable conducts, they will identify some areas vulnerable to corruption, they will learn about the main preventive, control and sanction measures against corruption and they will better understand the current situation in some Latin American countries.
- Everyone interested in issues related to citizen public ethics.
- You don't need any background or experience in the area to take the course