Using IBM z/VM Latest Version and IBM Linux on System z Advanced TopicsIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 3 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
This course is related to the IBM zEnterprise System Hardware Update.
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Please refer to course overview for description information.
The objective of this workshop will be two-fold:
- To understand when, where and how to implement single system imaging (SSI) and live guest relocation (LGR) in the new z/VM V6.3 environment
- To discuss and examine the security implications of z/VM 6.3 as it pertains to Linux on System z and its workloads
First half of this workshop will discuss using single system imaging and live guest relocation in z/VM V6.3. The second half of the day will be spent discussing Security for Linux on IBM System z topics.
A sample agenda is:
- Review SSI and LGR
- z/VM 6.3 - what's new, what's improved
- Setting up Linux on System z for production
- What considerations to migrate from test/development environments to production
- What considerations to migrate from distributed to Linux on system z
- Security for Linux on System z topics
- Utilities and products in z/VM that can help manage security in support of Linux workloads
- Configuring and using the System z LDAP servers
- Authentication and access control
- Cryptographic hardware
- Install and configure System z to provide a secure infrastructure environment (physical and logical)
- Security implications of z/VM SSI and LGR
- Best practices
The objective of the course is to provide a clear understanding of the components that make up the zEnterprise ensemble and the zEnterprise Unified Resource Manager.