Virtualizing Linux on Power with PowerKVMIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 2 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You are expected to have some knowledge of Linux, ideally when running in a Power Systems environment. This knowledge can be obtained by attending the following course, or gained from equivalent experience:
- Linux on Power Fundamentals (LX21G)
This course covers the IBM PowerKVM product running on the IBM Power Systems S812L and S822L Linux-only servers. The course covers how to install and configure PowerKVM, and how to use it to create and manage Virtual Machine (VM) guests running the Linux operating system. The course covers the different interfaces that can be used to create and manage Linux VMs, including the virsh command line interface and the kimchi graphical interface.
This course uses a combination of instructor lectures and machine exercises to provide the student with practical background knowledge regarding the topics covered.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Linux on POWER with PowerKVM
- Describe the PowerKVM environment
- List the requirements for PowerKVM
- Install PowerKVM on suitable hardware
- Create virtual machines using PowerKVM
- Manage virtual machines using PowerKVM
- Monitor the resource consumption of VM guests on the PowerKVM host