Vision and Eye Research Unit MPhil, PhDAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - (10.892 €)
- Cambridge (Grossbritannien)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Study with a unit that brings eye and vision researchers together with specialists from the fields of hearing, life sciences, psychology, computing and technology to pursue innovative research.
The Vision and Eye Research Unit (VERU) is based in Cambridge and has state-of-the-art research facilities with which to study eye conditions, disease and functions.
We’re a large, diverse team and can supervise your research in many fields, including novel interdisciplinary topics. Here are our main areas of interest and expertise:
- Population-based surveys of eye disease in Bangladesh and Pakistan
- Coordination of the vision group of the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors Study (GBD Study)
- Factors that affect diabetic eye diseases in South Asians- the influence of life style and control
- Imaging techniques in glaucoma
- Early detection of glaucoma using new sampling methods
- Multi-centre trials on glaucoma progression and management
- New models of community care of glaucoma patients
Anterior Eye Disorders
- Corneal structural changes in keratoconus
- Mechanism of changes in the Dry Eye
- Contact lens properties in controlled environments
- Therapeutic efficacy of new contact lenses
- On-eye/off eye performance contact lenses
- Effects of low vision on patients quality of life and rehabilitation
- Objective assessment of daily activities in patients with visual impairment
- Sensory compensation in patients with vision loss
Ocular surface disease
- Avoidance of cross-infection in clinical practice
- Image analysis of corneal endothelium
- Factors that decrease the progression of myopia
If you’d like to discuss your research proposal please don't hesitate to get in touch.