WebSphere DataPower Option for Application Optimization (Self-Paced)IBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have basic knowledge of configuration and administration of a DataPower appliance. This knowledge can be gained by attending one of the following courses:
- Administration of IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances (firmware V3.7.3) (WB557) (VB557) or
- Administration of IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V3.8 (WB558) (VB558)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This four-hour self-paced virtual class teaches students the skills they need to configure and deploy systems that use the WebSphere DataPower Option for Application Optimization.
WebSphere DataPower Option for Application Optimization provides self-balancing and intelligent load distribution features. It is supported on WebSphere DataPower XML Security Gateway XS40 and WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI50.
This course begins by introducing the concept of Application Optimization (AO), and how it is implemented in the WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. Students learn where the Option for Application Optimization applies in a typical DataPower topology, and how the feature is deployed to WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances.
The course then provides an in-depth look at how to configure the self-balancing features that enable two or more DataPower appliances to distribute load among themselves. Students also get an in-depth look at the Intelligent Load Distribution features that provide load balancing capabilities to back-end WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (ND) and Virtual Enterprise (VE) and non-WebSphere environments.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Describe the concept of Application Optimization (AO)
- List the AO components that comprise the Option for Application Optimization feature
- Describe how the Option for Application Optimization is deployed to WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Explain where the Option for Application Optimization applies in a typical DataPower topology
- Differentiate between failover mode and self-balancing mode
- Demonstrate how to enable self-balancing
- Diagram the message flows when self-balancing is enabled
- Describe the service implications of standby control and self-balancing
- Describe how to prepare WebSphere Application Server for intelligent load distribution (ILD)
- Define a load balancer group that uses ILD
- Describe the various ways to support session affinity
- Configure session affinity support within a load balancer group
- List the ILD support available for non-WebSphere application servers
- Describe the effects of ILD on service configuration