What's New in Power7 and AIX 7IBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 4 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You must have basic AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM system administration experience. The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or you can have equivalent AIX skills.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN120)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN140)
The LPAR and PowerVM prerequisite can be met by attending the following class or you can have equivalent LPAR skills.
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This two day non-workshop course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of POWER hardware, PowerVM, and AIX. It covers various enhancements to Power hardware and firmware and to the AIX operating system. It starts with an overview of POWER7 architecture and equipment. It then proceeds with discussions on various software and firmware enhancements (ranging from AIX 7.1 TL0 and PowerVM 2.2.0 through AIX 7.1 TL2 and PowerVM 2.2.2). These enhancements include Virtual Fibre Channel port status, Active Memory Deduplication, Active Memory Expansion, 4 thread SMT, and other enhancements to the areas of AIX security, performance, and workload partitions.
To learn only the very latest enhancements, attendance at IBM Technical conferences or symposiums is recommended.
For a workshop course with hands-on lab exercises, attend Power and AIX Enhancements Workshop (AN080). The workshop course will often lag behind POWER7 and AIX 7 - What's New (AN060) in receiving the latest updates, but has the advantage of hands-on exercises. There can be a significant overlap in discussion content between POWER7 and AIX 7 - What's New (AN060) and Power and AIX Enhancements Workshop (AN080), depending upon where these courses are in their update cycles; read the course descriptions carefully. To learn only the very latest enhancements, attendance at IBM Technical conferences or symposiums is recommended.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IBM Power Systems What's New and Migration
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Discuss the POWER7 hardware
- Discuss and manage virtual Fibre Channel port status
- Discuss and configure Active Memory Deduplication
- Discuss and configure Active Memory Expansion
- Discuss and manage four thread simultaneous multithreading
- Discuss and use enhanced abilities of the AIX 7 performance monitoring commands
- Discuss and manage the enhanced capabilities in AIX 7 security (including enhanced password requirements and Domain RBAC)
- Discuss and manage the exporting of storage devices to a workload partition
- Discuss and use AIX 7 implementation and management enhancements, including AIX Runtime Expert and the ability to run either AIX52 or AIX53 versioned WPARs
- Explain AIX 7 storage and networking enhancements
- Explain AIX 7 enhancements in the areas of reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS)