On course completion the learner will be able to;
- Discuss the concept of fashion design both in its contemporary form and in a historical context.
- Assess how consumer’s needs and wants influence apparel production.
- Investigate the elements of design
- Explore design principles including emphasis, balance, harmony and repetition.
- Explore variety of effective and efficient dress designing techniques.
- Develop knowledge for essential colour principles, along with how certain colours are more appropriate for certain applications and how to avoid colour clashes.
- Investigate each of the most important steps of the design process – from initial inspiration to final garment production.
- Understand how to effectively and efficiently bring ideas and concepts to life in the form of sketches
- Explore the fundamentals of creating and running a successful design business
This Fashion DesignDiploma consists of following units:
Unit 1 - Introduction to Fashion Design
Unit 2 - Elements of Design
Unit 3 - Principles of Design
Unit 4 - Dress Designing Essentials
Unit 5 - Colour & Dress Designing
Unit 6 - The Design Process
Unit 7 - Fashion Sketching
Unit 8 - Working with Patterns
Unit 9 - Sewing Basics (i)
Unit 10 - Sewing Basics (ii)
Unit 11 - Running the Fashion Design Business
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Staff Training Solutions you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.