IBM Masterclass - PowerHA 7.1.3 BootcampIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should be AIX system administrators and have TCP/IP, LVM storage, and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills are addressed in the following course or can be obtained through equivalent education and experience:
- TCP/IP for AIX Administration (AN21G)
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
Please refer to course overview for description information.
This course is developed and owned by an IBM Authorized Global Training Provider: Arrow ECS
Derivative Works Courses are developed by an IBM authorized Global Training Provider. The content of the course is based on IBM products and services. It offers skills or services that IBM does not offer in the course catalog today and are intended to compliment our existing portfolio. The course is developed by the Training Provider. IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Global Training Provider who owns the content.
This course will focus on the new features of PowerHA 7.1.3, including installation and configuration, basic administration and maintenance and, requirements and migration options for migrating from PowerHA 6.1 to PowerHA 7.1.3.
Part 1: What’s New in PowerHA SystemMirror 7 and Migration
This part will provide students with information on the latest PowerHA SystemMirror release and the skills necessary to migrate to that release. This part will also provide students an opportunity to work with the new menu structure to perform system administration tasks. This part will focus on the new features of PowerHA 7.1, including requirements and migration options for migrating from PowerHA 6.1 to PowerHA 7.1.
- Understand the new features of PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3
- Plan a migration to PowerHA 7.1.3
- Prepare the existing cluster environment for migration to PowerHA 7.1.3
- Migrate a cluster to PowerHA 7.1.3 using three methods
- Use the new menu structure in PowerHA 7.1.3 to perform system administration tasks
Part 2: PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 Planning and Implementation
This part is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror. After completing this part, you should be able to:
- Explain what high availability is
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA SystemMirror
- Design and plan a highly available PowerHA cluster
- Install and configure PowerHA SystemMirror in the following configuration:
- Single resource group on a primary node and a standby node (active/passive)
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies
Part 3: PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1: Customization and Basic Administration
This part is designed to prepare students to perform basic administration and maintenance on a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster. After completing this part, you should be able to:
- Verify cluster configuration and status
- Perform basic testing of cluster operations
- Use DARE to make cluster configuration changes without stopping the cluster applications
- Perform routine administration changes across all nodes using C-SPOC
- Perform resource group move operations
- Use the snapshot facility to backup a cluster configuration, to return to a previous cluster configuration, or to roll back changes
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery
Erfolge des Zentrums
This course will provide students with
- information on the latest PowerHA SystemMirror release and the skills necessary to migrate to that release
- opportunity to work with the new menu structure to perform system administration tasks.
This course is designed to prepare students to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror and, perform basic administration and maintenance on a PowerHA SystemMirror cluster.