IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Implementation WorkshopIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 5 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have:
- A basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems, disk storage systems, and I/O operations.
- Completed IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop (SSE1G) or equivalent knowledge covering block functions of the Storwize V7000 family.
You should have completed:
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71G) or equivalent knowledge (Recommended).
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified is a virtualized storage system designed to consolidate block and file workloads into a single storage system for simplicity of management, reduced cost, highly scalable capacity, performance and high availability. IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Storage also offers improved efficiency and flexibility through built-in solid state drive (SSD) optimization, thin provisioning and non-disruptive migration of data from existing storage. The system can virtualize and reuse existing disk systems offering a greater potential return on investment.
The course will focus on planning and implementation of integrating the Storwize V7000 Unified system into a network environment. Both file and block level protocols will be covered with the focus on provisioning storage to network hosts via NFS, CIFS, HTTP and FTP. Included will be file management functions, including Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), tools for backup and antivirus functions, and system management.
This course covers the features unique to the Storwize V7000 Unified product but does not cover the features common to the Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified products. The functions of the Storwize V7000 product are covered in course IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop (SSE10).
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IBM Storwize
- Storage Management in the Open Systems Environment
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Recognize the benefit of implementing a Storwize V7000 Unified file system with both file and block-level access
- Implement physical hardware to establish zoning policies for device access between the Storwize V7000 Unified, native disk storage, and host servers
- Initialize and configure the Storwize V7000 Unified file and block-level modules by using InitTool and EZsetup
- Utilize Storwize V7000 Unified management GUI to configure file system resources and provision storage to network hosts using CIFS, NFS, HTTP and FTP
- Establish file system policies and rules to define file allocation in storage pools based on file attributes, and create a snapshot schedule to support data recovery of file systems and file sets
- Implement storage tiering to optimize solid state drives (SSDs) or flash systems usage on block-level volumes with Easy Tier
- Apply system management strategies to provide simplicity in terms of managing the Storwize V7000 Unified system environment.