IBM System Storage DS8000 attached to IBM iIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 3 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have an understanding of:
- IBM i (formerly known as i5/OS or OS/400) concepts in areas such as disk storage, system operations, work management, and service tools (SST).
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This course introduces students to the IBM System Storage DS8000 architecture, capabilities, and implementation with special emphasis on design considerations for attachment to a Power Systems with IBM i.
The course is structured into several main sections: DS8000 overview and hardware components, virtualization process, Copy Services functions, business continuity solutions, and advanced topics. The material includes lab exercises that outline a step-by-step approach to present logical volumes to a Power Systems with IBM i.
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Explain the IBM System Storage DS8000 architecture and hardware components
- Describe the considerations for implementing SAN and multi-path in an IBM i environment
- Understand external storage virtualization terminology and concepts
- Configure the DS8000 for attachment of logical volumes to a Power system with IBM i using the DS Storage Manager GUI and the DS CLI
- Describe DS8000 Copy Services functions such as FlashCopy, Metro Mirror, and Global Mirror
- Understand how Solid State Drives and Easy Tier can be used to improve performance
- Realize how Copy Services functions can be used to implement IBM i business continuity solutions