IBM System z Parallel Sysplex OperationsIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 5 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have an understanding of:
- Basic data processing and I/O concepts and terminology
- z/OS console operation, including display of device, job, and console status
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This course is designed so that students can learn how z/OS systems operate in a Parallel Sysplex environment through discussion topics and hands-on lab exercises. Students learn problem determination skills, practice enhanced sysplex operations, including management of the coupling facility (CF), and use recovery capabilities provided by the System z servers.
The course consists of six units and 12 hands-on lab exercises.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- z/OS and System z
- z/OS Operation and Parallel Sysplex
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Describe common sysplex terminology, concepts, and benefits provided by a Parallel Sysplex configuration
- Identify the basic hardware and software components that make up the Parallel Sysplex environment and how they are used
- Use z/OS MVS commands to identify XCF signaling and sysplex shared couple data set usage and to determine current operational status
- Describe CF operation; how and when the CFCC is loaded on a System z LPAR, the various CF link definitions and how they can be used
- Identify CF structure types, definition and allocation process, and how they are used in the CF
- Use z/OS MVS commands to display structure status
- Use CF operator commands to display and change the operational status of a CF
- Describe and demonstrate recommended procedures and typical z/OS MVS commands to manage sysplex members, coupling facilities, structure rebuilds, and couple data sets
- Identify potential problems during system removal, CF structure or CDS usage, and determine appropriate operator action
- Explain the differences and benefits