IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 Implementation and AdministrationIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 5 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
This course is for:
- Tivoli Storage Manager administration for version 6 or later
- Windows OS administration
This course provides hands-on practice in implementing a data management strategy with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1. The course covers the installation of Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 server, backup-archive clients, and the Operations Center. You learn to create simple storage pools and map them to client node data, define new policy domains, policy sets, and management classes, and backup and archive copy groups. You also learn to backup and restore client data, and manage long-term and off-site data management. This course also teaches you to automate client operations by creating new Tivoli Storage Manager schedules. Finally, you learn to protect the Tivoli Storage Manager server by automating the backup and restoration of Tivoli Storage Manager databases and storage pools from off-site data storage.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Discuss the features of Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Install Tivoli Storage Manager server, backup-archive client, and Operations Center
- Navigate the administrative interfaces
- Manage the Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Explain the concepts of attaching and preparing a media library
- Create and manage storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Define policy management to meet business requirements
- Configure and manage client options
- Backup, restore, archive, and retrieve client data
- Protect Tivoli Storage Manager database and storage pools
- Schedule administrative tasks
- Monitor server and client messages and events