Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization III: Implementing Shared Storage PoolsIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You must already know the basics of configuring and managing a Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices, including file-backed devices. This prerequisite can be met by attending the following course:
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30G)
or have equivalent LPAR and Virtual I/O Server skills.
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This course provides the implementation and management skills to create Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) storage groups and shared storage pools on IBM Power Systems. Students learn to create a VIOS storage group, manage storage in the shared storage pool, provision storage to client partitions using either thick or thin provisioning, mirror the shared storage pool, create and use snapshots, and manage the VIOS storage group configuration by learning how to do backups, restores, and software upgrades.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- IBM Power systems for AIX virtualization
- Configure a Virtual I/O Server storage group and a shared storage pool
- Manage physical volumes in the shared storage pool
- Create and manage logical units in the shared storage pool
- Allocate storage to client partitions using thick or thin provisioning
- Configure the shared storage pool alert thresholds
- Mirror the shared storage pool
- Create, use, and manage storage snapshots
- Back up and restore a VIOS storage group configuration