Master International Cooperation Sustainable Emergency Architecture
In Barcelona (Spanien)
If you are currently working or studying in the fields of architecture or urban planning and wish to help with strategic rebuilding, consider this exciting program from UIC. The Master of International Cooperation: Sustainable Emergency Architecture is an official degree that prepares architects, urban planners and other professionals to develop and rebuild communities affected by conflict, change or serious crisis.
This one-year program includes a diverse and comprehensive curriculum designed to teach students to take an interdisciplinary approach to managing projects. Particular emphasis will be placed on cooperation and sustainable development both developing and developed countries.
The Master degree deals with three main areas: international cooperation, sustainable development, and emergency architecture. The program takes a multidisciplinary approach which promotes social cohesion with different alternative planning, urban and architectural strategies. Students will be introduced to different contexts and situations so as to acquire the proper analytical and management skills. They will learn to maximize human resources to deal with and support local actors in post-disaster scenarios and tackle urban upgrading strategies in both developed and developing countries.
The objective of the program is for students to graduate understanding the importance of holistic solutions, interdisciplinary knowledge and citizen participation in the complex system of international cooperation. In order to be effective, they will need to understand the physical, social and cultural makeup of the area in which they will be. This program will help students with those skills and give them the confidence they need to do well in their work.
• A master's degree that prepares architects and other professionals to develop and rebuild communities affected by rapid urbanisation, poverty, conflict and natural disasters. • One of the only master's programmes with a joint focus on international cooperation, sustainable urban development and emergency architecture, promoting a holistic approach that integrates interdisciplinary knowledge and citizen participation and enables practitioners to manage projects in cooperation and sustainable development ranging from the urban to the architectural scale. • The programme boasts a prestigious roster of international lecturers and collaborating institutions and forms part of the Erasmus Mundus European Cooperation Programme. It is based in Barcelona, at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC Barcelona).
This programme is intended for university graduates from the following areas: Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Engineering, Environmental Design and Geography. The course is taught in English.
Applicants must have a university degree. The programme is intended for graduates from the following areas: • Architecture • Urban Planning • Urban Design • Engineering • Environmental Design • Geography
A master's degree with a joint focus on international cooperation, sustainable urban development and emergency architecture.
Fragen & Antworten
Teilen Sie Ihre Fragen und andere User können Ihnen antworten
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
- Climate Change
- Global Identity
- Design Tools
- Field Work
- International Cooperation
- Military Conflicts
- Sustainable Development
- Dirección de proyectos
- Habilidades de liderazgo
- Gestión sostenible
- Cooperación internacional
- Arquitectura sostenible
- Emergencias sanitarias
- Urbanism and housing in developing contexts
- Global Identity and Development
- Gestión y dirección de proyectos
- Investigación en sostenibilidad
- Transporte sanitario
- Transporte sanitario
- Subject 1: Global Identity and Development
- Subject 2: Urbanism and housing in developing contexts
- Subject 3: Design Tools
TERM 2: FIELD TRIP & INTERNSHIP
- The most practical part of the course will take place during the FIELD TRIP & INTERNSHIP
- Subject 4: Field trip, Internship
TERM 3: STUDIO PROJECT
- The dissertation will be prepared in Term 3
- Subject 5: Studio Project (Masters dissertation)