Advanced OncologyUlm University
Häufig gestellte Fragen
For admission to the study program completed studies in medicine or natural sciences are required as well as verification of sufficient English language skills (generally substantiated by the TOEFL-exam). In addition, physicians need to account for one year, natural scientists for 2 years of occupational practice in the field of hematology and oncology.
There is a growing global demand for academic continuing education of oncologists comprising - besides extensive clinical skills in various fields of oncology - aspects of patient management, standardization of treatment procedures as well as expertise in the performance of clinical trials and cooperation with the industry.
Oncology is one of the medical specialties with the highest dynamics with respect to new findings as far as molecular mechanisms and their implementation in new therapies are concerned. The development of new drugs is accompanied by a growing demand for clinical trials, participating patients and physicians being operationally in charge of the studies.
The main objective of this Master Online Program is to improve the quality of patient treatment and care through the development of professional competencies and excellence. In order to attain this progress, we cooperate with health professionals and health care institutions worldwide and promote health care capacities by sharing scientific knowledge, methods and skills.
The program is subdivided into six modules including two summer schools:
- Summer School "Challenges & Introduction":
- Challenges in management of patients, clinical trials and oncological therapies
- Introduction to Master’s program: structure and E-Learning platform
- Interdisciplinary Oncology:
- Cellular and molecular biology of cancer
- Principles of therapy
- Clinical Research:
- Clinical trials
- Advanced Therapies and Integrated Concepts:
- Clinical oncology
- Integrated therapeutic concepts
- Business administration
- Health care system
- Management of entities
- Quality control
- Summer School "Future Perspectives":
- New techniques and future treatments, current developments, study results and their relevance
- Colloquium and presentation of the Master thesis
In one of the topics