DB2 10 for LUW Quickstart for Experienced Relational DBAs - SPVCIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
- Perform basic database administration tasks on a relational database system
- Use basic OS functions such as utilities, file permissions, hierarchical file system, commands, and editor
- State the functions of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and be able to construct DDL, DML, and authorization statements
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects such as tables, indexes, views, and...
This course teaches you to perform, basic and advanced, database administrative tasks using DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. These tasks include creating and populating databases and implementing a logical design to support recovery requirements. The access strategies selected by the DB2 Optimizer are examined using the DB2 Explain tools. Various diagnostic methods will be presented, including using various db2pd command options. Students learn how to implement automatic archival for database logs and how to plan a redirected database restore to relocate either selected table spaces or an entire database. The REBUILD option of RESTORE, which can build a database copy with a subset of the tablespaces, is also explained. You will also learn about using the TRANSPORT option of RESTORE to copy schemas of objects between two DB2 databases. The selection of indexes to improve application performance and the use of SQL statements to track database performance and health are also explained. This course provides a quick start to DB2 database administration skills for experienced relational Database Administrators (DBA).
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Über 92% der Teilnehmer/innen erreichen ihr Lehrgangsziel in der vorgegebenen Zeit. Hochqualifizierte Dozenten vermitteln den aktuellen Stand des Wissens in zahlreichen Themenfeldern.
Die Qualität unserer Weiterbildungen ist durch zusätzliche Zertifizierungen wie SAP, Microsoft und LCCI belegt. Unsere Teilnehmer/innen erhalten zu Beginn der Fortbildung ein Welcome-Package.
- Administer a DB2 database system using commands and GUI tools like IBM Data Studio
- Compare DMS and Automatic storage management for table space storage
- Implement a given logical database design using DB2 to support integrity and concurrency requirements
- Compare the features available with different DB2 LUW product editions
- Select the appropriate DB2 client software to support application client or server systems
- Define a DB2 recovery strategy and perform the tasks necessary to support the strategy
- Use autonomic features of DB2 for collection of table and index statistics
- Implement DB2 security
- Select indexes to support application performance requirements
- Explore the DB2 recovery facilities and database configuration options
- Perform the implementation of automated archival and retrieval of database logs
- Plan for supporting database and disaster recovery scenarios using DB2 database and table space backups using the RESTORE command with a REBUILD option
- Select appropriate methods for moving DB2 tables, including ADMIN_MOVE_TABLE