IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack 6.1.1 Installation, Configuration, OperationIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 3 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
You should have the following skills:
- Basic storage management concepts
- Basic networking concepts
- Microsoft Windows 2003 administration skills and knowledge
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack utilizes disk-based, block-level, incremental-forever technology to protect database, mail, and file servers in the SMB environment. This three-day course enables you to implement, configure, and support the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack product. Learn to install the server and client components of the product, define the repository, and use the FastBack Manager interface to create a client groups, job schedules, and policies to protect the data and operating system volumes on application servers in the laboratory environment. Practice performing full and incremental snapshot backups, restore individual files and folders, and recover entire data volumes. Using Tivoli Storage Manager for Exchange, gain experience restoring e-mail attachments and e-mail messages from a point-in-time snapshot of a Microsoft Exchange server database, use search criteria to locate items of interest, and save selected items to a PST file. You will also examine the repository cleanup process in detail and examine the considerations for deleting snapshots from the repository.
After reviewing the various scenarios for implementing data replication to provide for disaster recovery, you install and configure the DR Hub Server component, select policies to be replicated, schedule the replication process, and use the Central Control Station to monitor the operation. The course also covers use of the Bare Machine Recovery CD to restore an operating system volume, and explore the Any-to-Any Hardware functionality provided by the product.
- Describe the features and benefits of the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack (TSM FastBack) product
- Install the TSM FastBack server and client components and use the FastBack Manager interface to perform the initial configuration
- Perform and verify backup and restore operations
- Install and configure the TSM FastBack for Microsoft Exchange component and restore e-mail attachments and messages.
- Install the repository replication components and configure TSM FastBack for disaster recovery operations
- Configure repository cleanup operations and explain the considerations for choosing the appropriate level of cleanup for a production environment
- Build a Bare Machine Recovery (BMR) CD and use it to restore an operating system volume
- Explain Copy on Write, File System Flush, and Application Quiescing methodologies
- Perform troubleshooting procedures and discuss considerations for avoiding common problems
- Install the TSM FastBack for Linux Clients components and verify functionality
- Perform the steps required to integrate TSM FastBack with TSM Extended Edition
- Install, co