International MSc in Performance Analysis of Sport (IMPAS)Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
* The candidate's previous education, experience, academic records and CV will be considered. * German or Spanish native speakers must pass the TOEFL test with a minimum mark of 550 (Equivalent tests will be accepted). * European students will be admitted based on the regulations in force in their own universities, with the Coordination Commission's consent. * Mobility and integration procedures will be coordinated by the International Departments of each university, using the resources of the Erasmus programme.
The "Master of Science, Performance Analysis in Sport" is an inter-university master course that involves three European universities: Otto-Von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg (Germany), Nottingham Trent University - School of Sport (United Kingdom) and Universitat de València (Spain). The master relies on the mobility resources of the Erasmus scheme, for students to be able to complete their academic programme in the three universities.
The master course aims to:
- Train experts in Performance Analysis in Sport
- Offer specialised quality education to meet labour market demands in the sport training area.
- Provide graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills for them to develop a career in international settings.
The master opens a professional qualification avenue in the specific field of sports. The curriculum is intended to prepare students in the following professional areas:
- Performance Analysis in sports clubs, research institutes or rehabilitation centres.
- Design of training programmes for sports people.
- Project management in Technical Departments of national and international sports organisations.
- Supervision and development of athlete follow-up plans in sports clubs and research laboratories (technical documents, experimental systems, laboratory education, etc.), with special attention to the new technologies.
- Positions directly linked to Sport Performance research.
The master course is targeted at graduates and professionals preferably from the Degree in Physical Education and Sports.
The master has been organised by the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education, Department of Sport Sciences of Otto-von- Guericke University.
Courses - Common Subjects:
1. Motor control and movement analysis (10 ECTS)
2. Coaching process (10 ECTS)
3. Computerised sport analysis (10 ECTS)
4. Research issues in performance analysis (10 ECTS)
5. Biomechanical analysis of sport techniques (10 ECTS)
6. Research methodology in empirical observation (10 ECTS)
7. Scientific Applied Work (30 ECTS)
8. Master Dissertation (30 ECTS)
- Length: 2 academic years
- ECTS credits: 120
- Number of places: 15 - 20 (5 to 7 for each institution)
- Language: English
Information for Application
Application deadline: 1st July 2009 (The BA Certificate can be submitted until 1st September 2009)