Power and AIX Enhancements WorkshopIBM
Preis auf Anfrage
- An 5 Standorten
Häufig gestellte Fragen
Students must have system administration experience in AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM. The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or students can have equivalent AIX skills.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12G)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14G)
The LPAR and PowerVM prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or students can have equivalent LPAR skills. ...
Was lernen Sie in diesem Kurs?
This three day workshop course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of POWER hardware, PowerVM, and AIX. It covers various enhancements to Power hardware and firmware and to the AIX operating system. It starts with an overview of POWER7 architecture and equipment. It then proceeds with discussions and hands-on exercises on various software and firmware enhancements (ranging from AIX 7.1 TL0 and PowerVM 2.2.0 through AIX 7.1 TL2 and PowerVM 2.2.2). These enhancements include Virtual Fibre Channel port status, Active Memory Deduplication, Active Memory Expansion, 4 thread SMT, and other enhancements to the areas of AIX security, performance, and workload partitions. This is accomplished by discussing the enhancements in each of these followed by hands-on labs which provide additional exposure to the new environment.
For a lecture-only course that covers the same content attend What's New in POWER7 and AIX7 (AN06G).
To learn only the very latest enhancements, attendance at IBM Technical conferences or symposiums is recommended.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- Cloud Foundation: Power
- Cloud Foundation: Power
- IBM Power Systems What's New and Migration
Erfolge des Zentrums
- Discuss the POWER7 hardware
- Discuss and manage virtual Fibre Channel port status
- Discuss and configure Active Memory Deduplication
- Discuss and configure Active Memory Expansion
- Discuss and manage four thread simultaneous multithreading
- Discuss and use enhanced abilities of the AIX 7 performance monitoring commands
- Discuss and manage the enhanced capabilities in AIX 7 security (including enhanced password requirements and Domain RBAC)
- Discuss and manage the exporting of storage devices to a workload partition
- Discuss and use AIX 7 implementation and management enhancements, including AIX Runtime Expert and the ability to run AIX52 versioned WPARs
- Explain AIX 7 storage and networking enhancements
- Explain AIX 7 enhancements in the areas of reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS)