International Food Business & Consumer Studies
Focus is on. Total Quality Management. Management of Innovations. Consumer-oriented product development. International Marketing. Management of Information; Controlling
Fragen & Antworten
Teilen Sie Ihre Fragen und andere User können Ihnen antworten
Serving specific needs of consumers and to do that in a sustainable way challenges food businesses worldwide while at the same time they must be aware of cultural differences and the importance of regional supply chains for development.
Experts with an in-depth understanding of these aspects have bright career prospects in the food sector. The MSc programme qualifies its graduates for these responsible tasks in food businesses and related organizations. It is characterized by a multidisciplinary approach including food, business and consumer sciences. The programme is a joint venture of Fulda University of Applied Sciences and Kassel University - combining the expertise of both academic institutions.
Management of complex processes in food businesses,
in particular in
* multinational companies and organisations
* companies and organisations in need of staff with intercultural competencies, and staff capable of focusing on consumer needs
Focus is on
* Total Quality Management
* Management of Innovations
* Consumer-oriented product development
* International Marketing
* Management of Information; Controlling
Research in the field of Food Economics
Bridging Modules are designed to compensate for different levels of background knowledge and skills which students have gained during
their undergraduate studies. Two modules have to be chosen from a catalogue of eight modules.
* Food preservation, packaging, transportation
* Foreign languages other than English
* Management and Management Accounting
* Nutritional and consumer behaviour
* Organic mixed farming systems - Principles of organic agriculture
* Research Methods
* Sensory Science
* Sustainable nutrition
Eight compulsory modules:
Two modules of these focus on transferable skills, intercultural communication skills and methods of scientific work, while
six modules focus on in-depth knowledge of food and nutrition-related areas of natural science, economics and social science.
* International Legislation on Consumer Protection & Food
* Marketing Research
* Changing Societies
* Food Quality Management
* Recent Development in Food & Nutritional Sciences
* Consumer Science and Sustainable Consumption
* Product development & Intercultural Marketing
* Project Work
From a catalogue of modules emphasising “Management” three elective modules have to be chosen.
* Food quality and organic food processing
* Information systems for the food industry
* Supply Chain Management
* Management of innovations in the food industry
* Strategic Management and Operations
Weitere Angaben: * Beginning: Yearly in October * Duration: 24 months (full-time) * Language of instruction: English * No tuition fees at Universities in the State of Hesse! * Enrolment and administrative fees per semester amount to about 210 € incl. local public transport.