Energy and Environmental ManagementUniversität Flensburg
Preis auf Anfrage
Häufig gestellte Fragen
* proof of Proficiency in the English language (TOEFL iBT Score 80, IELTS Band 6) *above-average Bachelor or equivalent university degree in Industrial or Business Engineering after a minimum of four years of studies and a professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus or *an above-average Bachelor or equivalent university degree in Engineering after a minimum of four years of studies and a professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus and proof of successful completion of the preparation course in economics.
Solving the problem of climate change and eradicating extreme poverty are the two big challenges of the 21st century. The energy sector is one of the key sectors to achieve a sustainable development and growth both within developing and industrialised countries.
Flensburg, a small pretty town on the Danish border flanking the Baltic Sea, and its small but powerful University invites you to study “Energy and Environmental Management”.
Sustainable energy systems for social and economic development are in the focus of this new 18 months Master Programme. The course of studies leads to the degree of a “Master of Engineering in Energy and Environmental Management” (Industrial Engineering/Wirtschaftsingenieur). This degree entitles its holder to the professional title of "Wirtschaftsingenieurin" or “Wirtschaftsingenieur" which is legally protected in.
The programme qualifies professionals to work in key positions of the energy industry, governments, NGOs and International Organisations. To take into account the different situation and the specific objectives of sustainable development in industrialised and in developing countries the programme offers two branches of specialisation: “Energy and Environmental Management in Industrialised Countries” and “Sustainable Energy Systems and Management in Developing Countries”. Both specialisations offer a thorough training in energy and environmental economics, energy technology and energy management.
Additionally, “Sustainable Energy Systems and Management in Developing Countries” puts special emphasis on improving access to modern energy services, on energy planning and on project management. The specialisation builds upon many years of experience with the development oriented Master courses “SESAM” and ARTES.
The objective of the study course is to qualify students for employment as professionals in the energy sector. More specifically the course qualifies students
- to recognise and analyse energy and environmental problems,
- to facilitate and manage the process of sustainable problem solving.
Apart from the subject-oriented competencies the course focuses on key qualifications such as
- the ability to recognise problems and solutions in their entirety,
- creativity and openness to innovation,
- the ability to think and communicate in interdisciplinary and intercultural ways,
- the ability to work in teams, to lead and to motivate teams.
The specialisation "Sustainable Energy Systems and Management in Developing Countries" is made up of three subject areas:
- Business Economics and Energy Economics
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy and Energy Planning
Course Language: English
Starts in Summersemester
Programme Duration: 18 months
Beginning of Programme: The programme begins in April every year
31 October in the year before the course begins at the University
30 September in the year before the course begins at the DAAD office in Bonn
31 August in the year before the course begins at local DAAD offices and German embassies